Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Morals and ethics people!!!"

Title of my entry today is based on something one of my good friends that teaches with me said awhile back...."where are the morals and ethics people??" She made that statement based on her frustrations as a teacher and the fact the people who do their job, have integrity, and do the right thing always seem to get stepped on or play second fiddle. The people are a manipulative and find ways to cut corners always seem to have it easier....so why is that??

Similarly, yesterday I got to hear from my husband's someone who threw him under the bus to make himself look better. His lie caught up with him (by the end of the day), but what caused him to toss my husband under the bus in the first place??

Having standards and upholding them is key, but I'm starting to realize with that type thinking, I'm considered the minority now which is sad. To see people in every walk of life, cutting corners, cheating, and lying to make themselves look better is unfortunate. This mentality has even leaked in public school education which is scary, because we are the ones directly influencing the lives of kids.

The only thing I could reply to my friend when she made her statement is "those people are doing their best, it might not be what you think of as best, but its their best." She as well as my other friends now hate when I say it but it is true. Those people that are manipulative and cut corners are doing what they feel is best and ultimately their corner cutting ways will catch up with them. They will reap what they sow.

You have to stand up for what you believe and do the "unpopular" thing sometimes. I always tell my kids and my friends I would rather be respected rather than liked anyday...being liked is a fleeting feeling, respect lasts a long time.

My friend agreed and continues to work hard and do the right thing while others cut corners around her. Ultimately, she might not get rewards or get fanfare, but ulitmately she should have peace in her heart and mind when she goes to bed at night that she's done her best, like I do and that's all that matters.

2 Chronicles 15:7
"But you, be strong and do not lose courage, for there is reward for your work."

1 Corinthians 3:8
"Now he who plants and he who waters are one; but each will receive his own reward according to his own labor."

0 comments:

Post a Comment