Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Faculty Fitness

Well I had an prompting this summer to do something active this year when I returned back to work. Since I resigned as varsity basketball coach after I had Caylan, I wanted something to do with the extra time and energy I would probably have. I came up with the idea of starting workouts for the faculty/staff of my school. I figured it would be a great way to get a quick workout in after school before picking up Caylan plus give me a chance to share some good workout tips and information with fellow co-workers. Since I have a passion for fitness, I thought it would be a great opportunity to tryout my fitness passion in stress free situation.

Well today was the first workout and to be honest I was really nervous. I didn't know what teachers would show up, what kind of shape they would be in and if I really could teach a group exercise style class. Well after saying a prayer before I headed up, I calmed down some and knew things couldn't go as bad as I imagined (I actually had a nightmare last night about the class being a complete disaster!!). Well about 12 people showed up and we worked out hard at their fitness level for 30 minutes doing a tabata style body weight circuit. Many people left thanking me and with tired smiles.....which made me feel like it was a success!! I don't know why I was so worried before!! I look forward to day two of circuit workouts on Thursday!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment