Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Well, well, well......

Well, I'm really every single day, teaching is wearing me out. It is very unfortunate, because I used to like teaching and feel it was my calling. I know a lot of people in corporate America think teaching is easy-peasy and we get off all summer and shouldn't complain....to those individuals I say, please just spend two hours in my shoes and you will see it isn't as easy as you believe!! Unfortunately, now I see why so many teachers are leaving the profession. There will no longer be people in education like my mom (retired last year after 39 years as a teacher and principal) or my aunt (retired last year after 35 years as a teacher). Its sad when my mom and aunt both agreed it was time to get out because of all the unnecessary "drama" public education brought on.
Well my goal is to ride out this year, still work hard and do my best. Keep me in your prayers for strength at school daily (I teach all middle school boys all day!!!) and for guidance looking for a new career....I know things will always work out for God's glory and purpose, so I'm trying to enjoy the bumpy ride!! :)

1 comments:

Anita said...

God Bless You. I know what burn-out is like. Best wishes in finding a position that will not take so much out of you. You have a family that would love to have you at your best.
It'll happen. Keep listening to HIM. :)

Post a Comment